Brook Cottage Shepherd huts is a multi-award winning adults only glamping retreat offering bespoke boutique accommodation.
The retreat overlooks a small wildlife lake and makes the most of the superb views to Yr Eifl. There are a number of complimentary items included, which are sourced locally, such as organic goats milk soaps/shampoos, fair trade teas and coffee, lactose free milk and Welsh cakes. There are also plans to offer additional add-ons, such as cheese and wine baskets, breakfast boxes, beer and wine crates, traditional breads and cakes, all sourced as locally as possible within North Wales.
The owners are also currently developing a number of unique experience breaks for 2023. These will be things that explore and celebrate North Wales and the Pen Llyn in particular. Just a few examples of these experiences are:
• Astrological Photography Weekends – working with local photographers and astrologers, making the most of the class 4 dark skies zone where the retreat is based.
• Smallholding Course – working with Clean Goat Soap company
• Weaving and Loom Course – which will include history talks.
• History Walks – working with local historians to take people off the well trodden usual tourist routes to areas that are generally not so well explored.
• Yoga & Well-Being Weekends – targeted at beginners, intermediate and master level.
• Extreme Cycling Weekends – taking people to more rugged and challenging areas of North Wales.
• Picture Frame Master Classes – a course designed to learn new skills and enable people to produce high-end hand-finished frames.
• Fishing & Foraging Weekends – working with local experts, culminating in a dinner at a restaurant, made up of the produce the guests have gathered during the weekend.
• Diving Weekends – specifically working with local conservationists to highlight the importance of the habits around North Wales.
• Bird Watching Breaks – again, working with local experts.
• Micro-brewery Tours
• Fine Dining Breaks – where guests will be able to experience some of the best restaurants the area has to offer.
• Photography, Painting, Sculpture and Pottery Courses.
There are also plans to launch a competition for Welsh sculptors, the winners being featured in a sculpture trail created within the grounds.
Brook Cottage Shepherd Huts has won several awards since opening in Nov 2021, including an AA Gold Award, Theo Paphitis SMS Award, Visit Wales Gold Award and Commendation and most recently a SME Award for Best Traditional Handcrafted Hut Accommodation – Wales.
The retreat has also featured on TV and in a number of publications, including ‘The Guardian’ Top 10 Best New Glamping Sites, ‘The Sunday Telegraph’ Top 10 Wild New Stays in Britain, ‘The Times’ 25 Best Glamping Stays in the UK, ‘The Telgraph’ Top 30 Places to Stay, and ‘Country Lifestyle & Leisure Magazine’ Top Places to Stay in North Wales.